Thursday, August 20, 2009

A New Birth: Born again revisited

I just wanna throw caution to the wind, not sure where I'm going but I know where I've been. Mistakes are a guarantee but how you over come them determines the need to repeat, loose sleep, no hope, sniff coke. I don't pretend to be perfect.

On the other hand, when you say "fuck it" and mean it, and just live for you with a commitment to becoming a righteous and conscientious citizen of this Earth, a protector of all things living, all creatures great and small; there is this something within that awakens, it seeks knowledge of self and purpose for being here, right now, this moment. It realizes how a rock, a river, a tree, a buzzing bee, and me are all connected. Relative; a new birth if you will, for lack of better wording.

This thing within will seek different experiences and different ways of perceiving both familiar and foreign situations, ideas, values, and convictions. It may cast out contradictions. "Right", "wrong", "good", and "bad", fall by the way side like a discarded soda can. Ideas you once held to, you question and possibly let go of, ironically, peace will be their replacement. Some may find it hard to let go, but I promise you, letting go and walking away figuratively, is the most righteous and liberating thing one can do. I know it's scary, the thought, because it's all new...especially since we've been birthed and conditioned to live in a capitalist society. I'm not sure if our ancestors used pacifiers to calm a fussy child, but today, I still believe this is why food comforts me. Maybe I'm rambling, then again, maybe these words are divine, either way, that is for you to decide.

Here is the test, see if you can go a week without the need to judge, label, criticize or form an opinion about anything. Attempt to live in the moment and meditate on just being. Focus on your breathing and the thoughts that cloud your mind, what do you hear? If you hear things like "you're worthless", "you're fat", "you're better than everyone else", silence them and replace it with "it is what it is" the world is good. When you strive to be naked and unashamed, when you accept a name is just a name, and God possesses and lives within everything, and religion is just religion, and Jesus was a man born again, awaken, committed to letting go of Earthly possessions or simply he just was, "I am that I am" you shall be born again. You must be born again....then again, who am I to make this claim.

No comments:

Post a Comment