Saturday, July 20, 2013

don't make me wait too long

like waking up next to strangers from craigslist or
doing lines off dusty bar countertops in the dark
nothing surprises me anymore
just don’t make me wait too long

i never mind waiting just don’t make me wait too long
like finding justice in this unjust place
placing blame on another without evaluating our own home
schooling youth on how to live a wounded life surviving off anger and pain

like when your dog gets hit by a car seeking shelter
under the porch feed him hoping he will heal
ain’t no vets in the hood crippled for life never the same
just don’t make me wait too long

mama i’m sorry for being a seemingly ungrateful child at times
i hope this apology doesn’t come too late
too long i’ve loved you while being mad at you, surviving off anger and pain
now i understand you i believe in you sorry for making you wait too long

No comments:

Post a Comment