Friday, September 13, 2013

Still Dreaming

I’ve spent spent summer nights
Playing in the snow
Forgetting the importance of time
Forgetting rhyme and reason
Beaming with euphoria
Chapped white lips
Damn I’m sexy

Walking down dirty
Dimly lit peach tree streets
Looking for someone
Just as lonely and alive
As me
Floating above misery
Where have all the birds gone?

Rats are bold at 6am
Never minding passing humans
Passing fire hydrants
Forgetting the importance of
Hydration and rest
No rest for the geeked and weary

This old heart and red eyes of mine
Have seen and felt enough pain
No matter how worn my shoes become
I can’t walk it out
Work it out
Self medicating until my nose collapse

Perhaps this pain
My pain
I’m meant to feel
Perhaps this life
My life
I’m meant to live

Record keeper and saboteur of
Wounds
Post traumatic stress
Popping purple pills
Pursuing a purpose driven life
Even if my dreams at times become living nightmares
Damnit
At least I’m dreaming

2 comments: