Sunday, June 28, 2015

finally

he was weird and i loved him for it
bold outspoken and unapologetic and
i loved him for it
unbothered and unconsumed with the
ways and worries of the world
often enjoying anime, mozart and meek mill
and i loved him for it

we hunted through thrift stores
looking for lost treasure
a long forgotten chair or an
abandoned appliance
once we found an antiquated jewelry box
with two matching bands inside
from that moment on we knew

and i loved him for the simple
outlook he had on life and loving
it made me want to live and be more
it gave me hope and courage and
restored my faith in god and man and
i loved him for loving me enough to free me
allowing me to be me without condition

countless memorable moments
we would share contemplating
life and love and technology and african mysticism
while learning yoga, taking day trips to the beach
karaoke and eating burgers and brussels sprout my
singing off key and belly doesn't  bother him at all
he loved me for it

as fairy tales with happy endings go
we eventually said our i do’s
not at the approval of congress or christians or anyone for
church and state and salesmen were not allowed inside our home
our witnesses were a plant, some goldfish, and a puppy
their being was enough the only company we needed and
we loved them for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment