Wednesday, June 15, 2016

unpredictable

it’s unpredictable; this pain
like eggs falling from the sky onto
sizzling cement summer sidewalks
like silverbacks enclosed in
cement cages artificial forest
frustration

the process
the preparation
the surrender
the faith
thou will be done
chief surgeon and healer of us all
my arms and wings are stretched
i’m ready when you are
the trip

why do we fight it like denial
your gay child
your cheating spouse
soon to be foreclosed house...
just fly away to heaven brother
save a place for me brother
put in a word for me

like apple juice the blood flows
from me a small scratch or sore
with the power of volcanoes erupting
on abysmal sea floors where the sun
has never had the pleasure of heating
it reminds me of the power i possess
as product of creation

the pain slips away like thieves after
intrusions no where to be found
im lost in prayer counting stars
meditation and music
calming myself for next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment