Monday, April 27, 2009

Untitled possibly "the beauty of being free"


break away just when it seems to clear
drink your big black cow and get out of here
before the tears begin falling
down my fevered face
what a disgrace
feeling failure in life’s race
laps behind
wasting time
doing lines and petty crimes

lies and rhymes
no longer home for the holidays
no place to stay
dirty drawers around my waist
fuck class and taste
ain’t no shame in my brain

living each day to numb the pain
a hit away from disappearing
sorry Mr. West is gone
ain’t nothing clear
conditioned to seek answers
instead of just being

just seeing
like cows in pastures living for the sake of living
feeling for the sake of feeling
no need for healing
cause stress is non existent if we are persistent
in the pursuit of breathing

not reading into forms or labels or identity
ya see - that’s the beauty of being free
you just be
you just be
just
to
be

to just be
is why junkies junk jobs
robbing parked cars loose change converted
to medicine for the veins
insane it seems
desperate by any means
like chewing off a paw
or walking from Georgia in the
darkness of night
dark like me

dark like urban streets
the sacrifice of being free
the sacrifice of just to be
ain’t nothing clear no more
synthesized and
manufactured mess like
rent and “relationships”
people out for self

your own health and wealth
me me me
state of the universe don’t matter
mine mine mine
living blind don’t wanna see
the shyt being done to me
the shyt being done to we
i wanna be free
free from it all
if only for an hour
i have twenty on it

no, there’s nothing you can say
so get away
get out my face
i’m leaving this place
on a train ride
the tracks of my tears
in one inhale are
replaced by tracks on porcelain plates
one breath
in one moment
sorry b lamont is gone

No comments:

Post a Comment