Tuesday, October 4, 2011

100411


i was not surprised
typical
i mean i heard it
with my own ears
whether he meant it or not
he said it
he said it
i heard it

sometimes the sky has a way of turning
gray in an instant
birds no longer chirp and the
ocean seems to have misplaced its’ shore
no crashing waves

like a nature walk becoming a
fight for survival
man against wild
all the while
you hold onto your secret
stash of water
leaving others to dehydrate
selfish i know
but it comes as no surprise
i am not surprised

all to common like roaches on
dark kitchen counters
i count them before killing them
mercilessly
but it’s not their fault
then again it’s my kitchen
do i have the right?

why should i continue to show you mercy
when you hold the stash
rationing it to me at your pleasure
like hansel and gretel in the dark forest
only you know the way

the sky has turned gray and
to my surprise
so has my heart

No comments:

Post a Comment