Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Love's Anxiety - for Sonya


a singer sung a song
and her words were true
you can’t make someone love you
if they don’t want to 

you can give your body
your soul heart and mind
you can give up friends
even your last dime 

you can change your looks
go down a size
give up alcohol, pot,
hamburgers and fries
 
compromise who you are and
give up being you in hopes of
proving your depth of love is true 

you can go from intelligent to being
stupid missing days from work and school
never realizing that this type of love
is only causing you to appear a fool

ii.
the anxiety that you feel
the pain that you go through
when loving someone so much
and they not wanting you to 

not willing to call you and let
you know that they're okay
not willing to hug you and
kiss you just to make your day 

not willing to give the time that
all young lovers need
not willing to show the love you want-
often ignoring your begs, desires, and pleads


iii.
if i could claim this world
and work it as my own
nothing you would ever long for
nothing you would ever want 

time has a way of 
bringing on change
but the more things change the more
others remain the same
 
my heart has altered itself
but you are unmoved
you ignore me leaving me feeling
a fool

a fool in love a singer once sang
a fool i am and
a fool i have been
a fool for you
a fool you have made me into
i’ve learned from the best
i learned from a fool
and that fool was you
tell me why
tell me why

“you made a fool of me tell me why
you say that you don’t care but we made love tell me why”

No comments:

Post a Comment